Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

A little post before I get on with my assignments ...

Being 24th and still studying, I felt old. I wondered why did I step on this path? My friends are working, doing great and I alone in this foreign land. I always wondered why people look at engineers in a different eye. Engineering is just a course, now I just watched it suck my life away. Graduation is 7 months away and I am afraid I won't make it, I had taken a demanding elective.

I took engineering graphics as an elective because I feel that engineers should know some graphic software. Little did I know that the software I am going to use is Catia. That's when it all went wrong. Catia is a professional drawing software which has many many functions, it has so many functions that it is split into different workbenches. My lecturer on the other hand, expects industry standards, is not just getting the parts right. But also, labeling each profile correctly and doing it in the shortest step.

For an armature learning to use the software, we are just playing with the functions till we get the feature. I wondered if he knows we had no prior knowledge about Catia. The test on Catia was a crap, be in written or modelling, it was out of what I had expected. Looking back at one of the lessons, I recalled a time when he said to the class, " Come on, create a point", everyone just stared at him blankly. Then he said, "Oh ya, first go to this work bench .... "

Next up is the gXneral eXection in SXngapore. It my first time voting and I am missing it. The next time I get to vote is when I am 29 ... Oh my ! I am so old ... I really hope SXngapore gets to be led by some opposition party because there are some little stories in SXngapore need to be heard. N.S. spoke about that old lady that didn't have enough money to pay for her rent, I believed there are others out there. Its sad to see G.Y. not winning, he is committed and listens to the people. This G.E. reminds me a quote from Bill ClXXXXX( if I don't remember wrongly)," Don't ask what the country can do for you, ask what you can do for the country... "

This weekend is one of the rare times where I get to sleep a day off. From Friday to Saturday, I slept for 12 hours , from Saturday to Sunday, I slept for 12 hours. I had slept a day off ! My cough is gone too, maybe because of that , I got my much deprived sleep back. I finally went to the supermarket to get a cough mixture and after 3 dose of it , my cough is gone!

Being living alone overseas, makes me learn how to take good care of myself. When I m sick, I had to buy medicine and eat it; no one is there to say , "guaiz". Cleaning my room, washing my clothes had become part of me. I am glad to see my laundry basket empty X). Eating my meal and eating it right, growing up ... At times I still wonder, what am I doing in here, is this a dream? Studying in Melbourne was never part of my plan in life... I was wanted to get away from something, avoid seeing some people, breathing a different air, start a new. I remember saying , " ni men hui bu hui wang ji wo " ... I am glad we still stay in contact ...

I decided to blog about growing up because today is Mother's day. My mum is a conservative mum. She likes to keep her kids by her side. I am shock to learn that my mum still hasn't let me be totally independent, I am always that kid in her eyes. Anyways, " Happy Mother's Day to all ~ "

bel-( let the wind takes me to where he wanted ... )




No comments: