Saturday, September 13, 2008

A week and ME ..

 A week and ME ... 

Hmmm , I keep thinking what should I update today . I don't feel good because my big auntie come knocking on my door unexpectedly . She is giving me headaches . Nevertheless , I will try to blog by tonight because I want to study tomorrow ...

Today , I start off my day with a little breakfast , 3 biscuits and a cup of MilX and start cleaning my room . Then Nicole message me to remind me about our " date " . I am glad she manage to wake up despite she slept late last night . When I finish with my laundry , I realized it was  time for our appointment , I quickly message her to explain to her that I will be late . And off I went to bath .

I officially reached the market at 2.40 pm and head off to do our grocery shopping . A tip to save money when you are doing grocery shopping , go around closing time , like 30-45 minutes before the closing time .  Its AustraliX stuff , everything is grown here , so don't bother about going early for freshness . When you go to the market during close to closing time . Most of the things are slashed to 50% off for meat and $1 for vegetables . 

For example ; broccoli , normally its $3-$2.50 per kg . But when you go during the close to closing time , it becomes $1 - $1.50 per kg . Sometimes the vendor wants to sell those vegetables placed outside for display , the price will drop from $2 per kg to $1 per box . The price different is so big .     

After that , we went to Asian grocery shop because Nicole wanted to get some more stuff . The things there are cheap because they are imported from asian countries . But strangely , I never see any of the brands there before . They even have their own brand for coke or soda drinks . Things there are freaky cheap . It is much much much cheaper than the supermarket . I went there with no intention to get anything but end up buying mangoes and hot dogs .

Then we headed home . After resting at home for awhile , I head out to the main street to get the rest of the stuff that I need . First , I head out to Chinatown to shop for a letter pad . Yes , I have to head to Chinatown . People here have those letter pad that are no different than the foolscap paper , just that it doesn't have holes . I went out at 5 pm and was lucky that the shop is still open . I was so glad that I manage to shop some decent letter pad . 

Then , I head to the asian grocery shop to buy crab stick . I was so glad they imported another brand of crab stick and its cheaper than the ones in Singapore . Then back to central to do some grocery shopping like looking out for honey mustard sauce . Surprising , it was hard to find . I had to go to another supermarket to look for it . Actually , I asked the staff and she helped it with it . And there was only one brand for honey mustard . 

As for today's dinner , I had subway melt . I regret having carrots and onions in it . I had it with the meal and today's is the first time I truly enjoyed the double choc chips . 

Yesterday , something not nice happened to me . But Nicole was there to cheer me up . She also had something not nice happened to her . We chat and had fun . First we went for dinner . On thursday , I choose what to have and so , I made her choose what she wanted . She was always accommodating me .

And we stop at a little taiwan shop for a meal . Mine was average but Nicole truly enjoyed her Hananiese chicken rice , she like the garlic and chicken rice . The shop was generous with their serving .  They gave me an almost full-filled bowl of noodles and a large chicken drumstick for Nicole and its only $7.50 AUD . 

Then we went around walking so that we could digest and suddenly , I was craving for ice-cream ! I wanted to have 50 cents Mac ice-cream but Nicole said having gelato is much  better . So from the main street , we walked to another street for gelato . Gelato is  ice-cream without cream so its fat free ! 

I had Green Apple and Mango ice-cream . Nicole had water melon ( yes , its water melon , they even had papaya ) and Mango . Then we head to the park and eat . Then we chatted till 11.45 pm then we head home . I really enjoyed the time  with her .  She was sharing about the stuff that happened to her during one of the road trips with friends . When I reached home to skype with my mum , she astonished how late I reached home . But glad that I had a friend , at least I am not lonely ... 

********Apologizes to All Muslim Friends ; please skip four paragraphs*********

On thursday , Nicole and I head to library . She missed the morning class and so she had to copy notes from me . As she was copying , I kept chanting about eating BBQ pork rice ! Then she was so tempted to eat with me . Then she asked me to lead her to the shop where I wanted to eat . When she looked at the BBQ pork , she said it is not fresh . So she brought me to another shop . 

When I looked at the menu , I feel like getting duck noodle ! Then , I couldn't make up my mind . End up , I had both , since either pork or duck rice is $8.50 . Both is $9.50 . So I ordered that combine one . I also ordered a apple milk shake ! 


The apple milk shake is nice ! As for the pork and duck rice , the pork is too hard but the duck is nice ! I also tried Nicole's sweet and sour pork rice . The pork was so tender  . Overall , its was alright . 

On Wednesday , my Mum told me that she had eaten a delicious moon cake , it was from Wing Wah . Then I told her , I also had that ! She was astonished to know that they also have it here . Sis went online and did a check . And I realized that it was a few dollars more expensive over here . So overall , I didn't overspend on a moon cake . Phew ! 

All for tonight , I am so tired but it feels good to have the room clean . Counting down to Singapore Day ... 3 more weeks ! Stay tuned for the next update ! Byeeee ...

-burgurldotzcom-  

No comments: