Friday, August 22, 2008

Counting down to one week break

Counting down to one week break

Time really fly ; Next week is week six and its the week before my semester break . Thus , I got bomb by many test ... I have four test for the coming week and I hasn't prepared for it . Plus there are assignments due next week . Seems like I can't go window shop anymore ...

Yesterday , when I was skyping(???) with my mum and sister , my mum said , " Tomorrow its Friday right ? So you will go shopping again right ? " . I replied , " No , I will be studying because there are many tests coming up . ". Today , Nicole ( my hong kong friend ) and I arranged to get graph paper together from the main street . 

After we meet up , she asked if I had something on later . Then I said no . So I followed her to get her stuff without knowing where is the place . Then she said we are going to take the tram . Then I said I do not have a ticket with me . Then she said you don't need a ticket . Then I thought awhile and asked whether are we allowed to board the bus without ticket . 

She explained there is this tram specially for tourist . It operates within the city and its free of charge . She also said , as long as I don't see a ticketing machine , it means that the tram is for free . So , off we went to the Spencer street . Its very near Southern Cross Station . After looking for pre-paid Visa Card but she didn't get because it has now become cardless , which mean its electronic visa card , its for online purchases . She need one that she can cash it . 

Then we head to the factory outlet to shop a little because today is Friday and the shops closed much later . Normally its 5-6 pm , Friday will be 8-9 pm . So we went round shopping . And we went on shoe hunting . She looked for a flat shiny plastic pointed shoes while I shopped for another boots ! Hehe , as I observed , 90% of asian girls who come Melbourne will get a pair of boots . This time , its flat boots , means no heels type . I was so lucky , my sister was not around when I skyped with my mum , else she will make noise and start using calculator to calculate for me how much it cost in Singapore dollar . 

I am talking about boots , it will be a foreign topic to you all because in Singapore , you don't need a pair ! But it good to know a little right ? Boots are not worn just because it look nice on your legs , but also its helps to keep your lets warm . You must be thinking , ' Excuses ' . Nope , its not , it is very cosy because I tuck my jeans inside it too , so its like double layer . 

Some of you must be thinking , ' Uh ? I thought you just bought one , one month ago ' . Ya , that pair , the heel show signs of worn out and my mum asked me to get another pair without heel one . Just now when I show her , she keep emphasizing at looking at the side profile to see whether there is any heel and she is please with what she saw .

I got both my boots at AUD$40 , one is at super market and the new one at factory outlet . The cheapest pair of boots , not talking about the short ones , at the main street cost at least $90 after discount . I got mine cheaper than market price because it was on sale and it was not from a shoe shop . Ya , so those who want to get boots , please remember this important tip .

Then after shopping at factory outlet , we realized that we haven't go graph paper and ofXXXXwXXXX closed at 9 pm , so walked for 25 minutes to Queen Victoria Square to get it . Then we head to Asian Groceries shop because Nicole wants to make Tang Yuan to eat . End up , I was tempted and I got those instant ones .

Then we head to Hungry JXXX for dinner . It is something like Burger XXXX . I am in loved with the beef burger , it is much better than the Bacon and Beef burger from MXX . Then , we head to supermarket to stock up our food supply and head back to hostel .

On our way back , we saw a guy peeing near the dustbin . And from then on , I develop a phobia to walk near the dustbin because someone might had pee there before . His group of friends disturbed him while he was peeing by asking him what is he doing .

The rest of the other weekdays , its was mundane . I went to school , then to library , then back to hostel . Manage to hand in one lab report and one assignment ...

All for tonight , I am tired and wants to sleep le ... 

-burgurldotzcom-

 

No comments: