Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Saying Hiz from Melbourne ...

Saying Hiz from Melbourne ...

Dear all ... this is one of the few chances I may be blogging to you all because in Melbourne , they charged by how many data been send . I am able to update some of the things here  ...

Firstly , I am able to land safely in Melbourne . The food that I brought over like , Maggie Mee , Mee Gorenge , biscuits , sweets , butter biscuits , cup noodles and Milo . It all went through expect for the cup noodles because it contains egg and chicken . The rest all went through . I was lucky because the Milo were from Singapore , and so it also went through . The custom people were nice , they were friendly . Not as strict as thought . 

Initially , the custom officer wanted to dig out the chicken and egg from the cup noodle but I think its too troublesome and so I decided to get it be disposed . For those who wants to earn big bucks , can work at XXXbourne custom , help to dispose stuff . Because those Xhina like to bring their herbs in , and so often got stuck in the custom . You can try to send it over to Singapore and sold them away . Hahahahas ...

Next is my hostel , I am staying in Unilodge On Campus , you are surf for the pictures online , but my room is super small . I belong to the standard studio with air-con category . My room is like a little more than the than a quarter of the classrooms . But good thing is there is no communal toilet or kitchen .

My address is : Unilodge On Campus , Room 211 , 9 Earl Street , CARLTON VIC 3053 , AUSTRALIA . If you want to call me , you are call my hostel at +613 9001 2300 . They will transfer the line to me . I will also be getting a handphone next week after I receive my ATM card so I will mass email the handphone no. with you all . 

As for my hostel pictures , wait till I unpacked and everything is nice , I will take pictures and show it to you all . Please don't expect a bath tube . I am quite lucky because everything is quite new . 

Food here , average $10 aust per person . Please don't go to the food court for dinner , portion small , food exp . At Aust Chinatown , its $8 aust , is 4 small soup bowl of fried rice . But in food court , its like our Singapore food court portion but at $10 aust . If you want to try Australian  food , it will be fast food .

Those who are coming over to Melbourne , please let me know , so that you can buy Maggie mee for me . Maggie Mee here are sold at $1.85 aust dollar per small packet . Maggie Mee is allow in Australia , please declare all food items when you enter .

All for now ... I am tired , phew ... off to bed ...

-burgurldotzcom- 


No comments: