Saturday, October 04, 2008

Singapore Day ...

Singapore Day ...

Yes , finally Singapore Day is over ! I been waiting for this day for weeks ! Today , I woke up early in the morning at 9.30 am to get ready for this day . I was armed with a tupperware because I was thinking to buy some food during the event and pack it for dinner . 

So , I packed my bag in a hurry and I was already a little late as I am meeting my friend to go there together  . Heh  , I have lived in Melbourne for 3 months and I still don't know my way to many places. I have to go with a friend to the Melbourne ,  Sidney Myer Music Bowl or else I will lost my way . 

When we reached there , there is already two queues of people . We couldn't see the end of the queue . Luckily , my friend knows someone who is already in the queue . So we could queue somewhere quite in front . 

This is the picture I took when I am queueing . I don't think you can see people in the picture . But there is a line of people queueing , even after the darkest tree .


Once we enter , we collect some goodie bag and then chiong for food ah . I queue for prata , then laska , the chilli crab , chicken rice and last ... Hokkien Mee . The queue for food was horrible . We only could queue for one type of food at the time . Each time was like 1 hour to 1 and half hours . During that period of time . I kept myself busy by thinking what food am I going to have because I only can have one type at the time .  To my surprise , all the food are free ! Hence , I didn't pack any food for dinner . 

My strategy was after getting my food , I will join the queue for the next round and then eat while I am moving with the queue . I was lucky because my friend's friends are taking care of the bags . So I have eat with ease . Let me rate the food :

Prata : Average ; The prata is nice but the curry is not and its pour onto the prata , thus the prata is not crispy . If they had used chicken curry instead of potato curry . It would be better . 

Laska : Excellent ; Oh my tian ... its something I missed a lot ! The gravy was nice . Prawn was big , too bad no cockles . The noodles are not fat bee hoon but udon . It would be better if they used fat bee hoon and add cockles .

CHILLI CRAB : PERFECT ! One would expect the crab given is those small small those . BUT NO ! They gave us big ones , like those we eat in restaurants ! The sauce was superb ! Its worth the wait . I was lucky because I didn't know I was in the chilli crab queue till the person said so . I was kind of in front of the queue so I decided to stay on . Its was worth it . But later , some others queue for 3 hours for the crab .

Chicken Rice : Excellent ; The rice is a little salty but overall it was good . It took me about 1 and half hours to queue . Got a little angry , to think I need to queue for 1 and half hours for food . I think the maximum I queue for uncle weirdo is 1 hour . I was taking I am going to take my revenge back in Singapore by ordering everything . 

Hokkien Mee : Good ; I queue 45 minutes for this one . Spend most of my time to thinking , should I have BBQ chicken wings , Char kuek Teow ( I don't know how to spend this one ) or hokkien mee . The way they fried it was good but its the used the original noodles , it would be better .

Food that I had not tried are Bat Kut teh , ice-kacang , mee soto , mee siam , tea with kaya toast , bbq chicken wings , Char kuek teow and many more . 

Got tired and sat down to watch some performances ... I missed the Phua Chu Kang performance because I was busy queueing for food ... Heee ... I am Singaporean ah ... 




He is super lame , keep emphasizing on speaking chinese ( Jia Hua Yu ... ) 






To all my friends ... this is Singapore Day ( Not the day I return to Singapore ! ) , where all the Singaporean gathered for local food and performance . You will be surprised to find Malaysians faking Singaporeans too ! Some ang mohs also turn up for the event . Honest foreigners like Nicole got rejected one day before the event and so she couldn't come . 

As for my goodies bag , I had a tee , picnic mat , erasers , some note pad , balloon , lollipop , cap , lanyard , camouflage cream and tote bag . I miss out 1 goody bag which have sauces in it like kaya . Grrr ... got cheated because they said , take after the show ended because it is heavy .  

I enjoyed myself , missed Singapore A Lot ! Love the food and goody bag . Nice to have such event . I wonder where will it be next year . Thank goodness , I will be back in Singapore 2 months later ! 

All for tonight ... I better head to bed ... byeeeee 

-burgurldotzcom-

No comments: